Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

We are looking for a way to rescind a franchise agreement.

Customer Question
We are currently three years...
We are looking for a way to rescind a franchise agreement. We are currently three years into the agreement and very unhappy with the franchisor in general. We requested a copy of the franchise agreement last year from the franchisor and they email a attached copy stating that page 19 was missing and they inserted this page. Page 19 had part of the termination clause in it. Could we use this to get the agreement terminated on our behalf. Also when we were at the franchisors training they had us resign what we thought was the same agreement saying they wanted original signatures and they just gave us copies of the pages with original initials and signatures and not the rest of the contract. It is clearly not the same agreement they sent us with the page 19 missing. Between these two items what is our odds at getting out of the franchise?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Business Law
6/9/2010
Business Lawyer: Ellen, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Ellen, Attorney

I am the JustAnswer expert that will be helping you today. I am a lawyer with 25 years experience. Although I am not your attorney, I hope that I can give you helpful legal information.

Can you tell me whether you signed personally or corporately?
they were both signed by us personally, i believe one copy they have is a faxed copy the other we have has original signatures.
I am going to opt out as I cannot think of any helpful suggestions