Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.
1. Yes PLD-C-010 is the correct Answer form.
2. Yes, you have to file a Proof of Service.
3. Any person that is not a party to the action can serve the Answer, not your husband, but someone else could. Here is a list of the CA service rules: http://www.served.com/ca.asp
I have a follow-up for you (and thanks for answering my question, btw) I believe this debt was paid and have already sent a request to the lawfirm representing the creditor to provide me with proof of the debt, etc.
In the Answer form I selected the following:
3b - 2 and contested the paragraphs that included the following assertions:
Breach of Contract
Damage Amounts, etc
6 where I requested dismissal due to lack of proof that the claim is valid
My question are:
1. are there any required fields on this form
2. what should be put in the 'Short Title" field. (I typed in Arrow Financial Services LLC vs. Rochelle Corrigan
3. I am assuming that item 3a on the field does not apply to me because the suit is for over $1,000.00. But there is language next to the check box that reads Do not check this box if the verified complaint or cross-complaint demands more thatn $1,000.00 This may be a stupid question, but is the verified complaint the one filed with the court?
1. You need to check either 3a or b. You also have to fill out 6.
2. That is right.
3. Correct. The verified complaint is what starts the lawsuit.