How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 56560
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

currently have a partner in a "green" lighting company (lets

Resolved Question:

currently have a partner in a "green" lighting company (lets call me Mr X) since march of 2009 -nothing format written down between us but are 50/50 partners my partner has a existing catering business that has another partner(Mr Y) whom I do not know - my partner MR X - told me that his catering partner (Mr Y) -has a lot of industry contacts who would like our services - could we use MR Y and any deals he brings in he would get 33% (1/3) of those profits i said ok for those deals only and to have something in writing so - Mr X and Mr Y go to a potential client together under the "green" company name and show the client samples/paperwork etc of the "green" firm - nothing happens with that client - 10 months later we find out the MR Y - my partners catering partner went behind our backs and sold the client the "green" products under his own name my partner has nothing is writing from MR Y (non disclosure etc) do I have any recourse ? Can I sue Mr Y or do I sue my partner (Mr X ) ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. What do you want to achieve?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
did not receive a response to my question
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
Are there any arrangements in writing with MR Y? what are your damages?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
there are no written arrangements that I know of with mr y - my damages are lost of sale to one nursing home and the potential lose of up to 75 others

what I am trying to say is the mr x - and mr y went together under my company name to see a client and afterwards - mr y cut us out of the sale he made to the client
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
Your claim then is against x and y for your damages. Consider having a lawyer make demand by letter and then sue for same plus legal fees.
INFOLAWYER and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions