How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 33774
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

On March 19,my web designer was paid to do a website for me

Resolved Question:

On March 19,my web designer was paid to do a website for me that was supposed to be delivered to me by April 16th. The invoice that they provided me with states this as well. Due to their personal issues, two weeks past deadlibe I still do not have a website. I'm a personal trainer who is counting on this site to advertise the next Boot Camp class I'm teaching in approx. 2 weeks. Not getting this website on time is now going to affect my livelihood since my Boot Camp is my largest source of income.
On April 30th.They uploaded the site and it was full of errors. it's now Monday & they still have not fixed all the errors. I'm at the point where I don't even trust them anymore & would just like the site so I can take it to another designer who can fix it. This has caused my great stress because my income for the month could be affected by them not meeting the agreed deadline.Besides the Better Business what other measures can I legally take.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 years ago.
You can sue them for return of the money plus any loss of business you can prove. You can also take your websit eto someone else and have them complete the work, but advise that company you are doing it first. You may consider hiring a lawyer to write them a letter advising them to release all programming, etc. do that you can "mitigate" your damages.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you