How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 57361
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being sued in New York by a former employee who sued my

Resolved Question:

I am being sued in New York by a former employee who sued my company and me. I now need an attorney to counter claim against him to represent the company in his suit against it and need to bring in his accomplish as another party as well. Can I make the accomplish a party to his suit against me or do I have to sue the other guy separately? Or do I need to sue the two of them together in a separate suit? is there an attorney referral service as part of this service? I also need an attorney for another suit in NY involving an illegitimate bill, also filed against me and my company so need an attorney for that one - next date there is May 10 so running out of time. thanks
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question.What do you want to accomplish?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
As a result of the dishonest info these two guys gave the SEC in a suit against me and my company, they are getting a default judgment against the company for some 15 million - hopefully that will go away but if it sticks, it was proven in Plaintiff SEC's depositions that these guys were dishonest so I want to sue them both and pass on the default judgment fines to them, since I now have proof it was them dishonestly behind it all. The one guy is suing me for wrongful dismissal when he does not even remember why he was fired - he was fired for refusing to do his job when he things he was fired for being a whistleblower - I did not know he was a whistle blower until about 4 months after he was fired - and these 2 guys invented the info they whistleblew about - now proven in the SEC case - So I am trying to get rid of his spurious suit against me AND get compensation for their dishonest, sabotage program run against the company. I have to have a lawyer to represent the company before the end of May.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
What then can I answer?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Please answer my question - can I join the second guy into my counter claim against the first guy who filed against me? and if so, how do I do that? OR do I need to file a whole separate suit against the two of them OR do I amend my answer to the first guy to include a counter claim to go after him and sue the second guy separately in a new suit?


also does this service provide lawyer referrals since I need a lawyer before May 27 for the original case.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
You can counterclaim against the person who sued you, and can bring in some body else/new as a party action by third party summons and complaint. You can find a local lawyer on
Infolawyer and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you