Ellen, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

I am starting a personal training business. I will do training

I am starting a personal training business. I will do training to clients at their homes, outside at state and local parks, at their place of work, and at some churches and other sites that let us.

1. Would my liability insurance cover me when working at other premises? What if the client gets hurt at his place of business. Couldn't they sue me or the place of business?

2. Do I need to have written position from the place of business or any other location in order to conduct personal training?

Thanks for your help. Shane
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

Commercial liability coverage is a contract that is written between the insurance company and the insured. Typically this contract would cover injuries that your client sustains as a result of your training regardless of where the training occurs
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Would I have to worry about the place of business suing me? or I should not be concerned?
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

If your client is injured and file suit against both you and the place of business, the place of business will likely file a counterclaim against you. This should be covered by your insurance policy