Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Is it necessary to regester a Nevada LLC in the state of…

Customer Question
Is it necessary to regester...
Is it necessary to regester a Nevada LLC in the state of North & South Carolina in order to legally do business. In the event of a default judgement (foreclosure) could that be an issue?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Business Law
4/10/2010
Business Lawyer: lwpat, Attorney replied 8 years ago
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney
If the LLC owns property or does business in the state it is supposed to be registered with the Secretary of State and have an in state person for service of process. The LLC's protect you from lawsuits involving the assets in the LLC, they do not necessarily protect you personally. A court can attach assets if they were fraudulently transferred to avoid a judgment. You would need to sit down with a bankruptcy attorney to find out all the issues with what you have already done. Here is the referral site.

http://www.martindale.com
lwpat
lwpat, Attorney