Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
17027240

Can you define a Foreign Corporation?

Can you define a Foreign Corporation?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

Good evening. You are exactly right. Florida considers a foreign corporation as one incorporated in a different state. You do not need create an entirely new entity; only qualify your existing one in Florida.

I hope this has given you the guidance you were seeking. I wish you the best of luck!

The information given here is not legal advice. As all states have different intricacies in their laws, the information given is general only. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks...One further question...The forms for a Foreign Corporation talk about a registered agent. Basically it appears that a registered agent is vouching for the actual foriegn corporation. Can a registered agent be one of the directors of the corporation applying or does it need to be an independant person?
Expert:  Richard replied 7 years ago.

The registered agent doesn't necessarily need to be independent, but you will need a registered agent and registered address in Florida. If you don't know anyone, there are services that will do this for you for a small annual fee...such as Capitol Services.