How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 57738
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Daughter and i lease apartment because she had a entertainment

Resolved Question:

My Daughter and i lease apartment because she had a entertainment job in Branson for one year she also sign with this company. which state in the contract that she would be paid bi-weekly Now we're founding out that the company is a scam and is refusing to paid my daugter .What can we do to get out of this apartmentlease.My daughter only been in the studio apt for two week
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
What do you want to accomplish?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I want to get out of this lease on this apartment, because my daugter and I can not paid for it because this company refused to pay my daugter, This lady who is the head of this company is giving all of the contestants the runaround. it is alway wait until tomorrow and the money will be in the bank. She owe my daughter two thousand and fifty dollars which she refused to pay and time is running out.My Daughter and I rent the Apt because she sign with the entertainment company for one year.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
The landlord can hold you liable for the lease term or until it finds a new tenant, whichever is less. Try to negotiate to be released early or alternatively to sublet. Some landlords will consent or take the deposit and a small penalty, especially if have access to a new tenant.
Infolawyer and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I already know this is there any loophole to get out of a lease.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
To get out of the lease there are normally 4 ways:
1. negotiate with the landlord. often that means paying a penalty to be released.
2. finding a clause in lease that permits you to end it early on notice. This is rare
3. suing the landlord for breach of lease or having a lawyer threaten such action which can lead to a release either by consent or court order
4. subletting for the lease term. To find local counsel to represent you, see