Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Im writing a story in which the venue of the first meeting

I'm writing a story in which the venue of the first meeting is in a plane
Can I use the name of a specific airline, e.g. British Airways for a better effect?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.
Yes, you can use the name of an airline without its permission. It is a public business entity and doesn't get any special protections. The only time you run into trouble is if you make a false statement about a company and contend it is true. If this is a fictional story, you should have no problems.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The meeting in this fiction is between a passenger a crew member who happen to fall in love. Due diligence has been exercised to indicate this is against airlines' policies, but heck...love just happens.
Any problems?
Datar
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

I think you'll be fine with this. A trademark is only to prevent someone (usually in the same line of work) from holding themselves out as affiliated with the business in order to establish credibility, reliability, etc.

In fact, a trademark only pertains to the font, color, symbol of the name British Airways; the company doesn't own the words.

Plus, this is fiction, so you're not portraying them in a bad light.