Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

I have a travel agency in California (City of L.A.). An agent,

I have a travel agency in California (City of L.A.). An agent, i worked with for years, charged clients' credit cards and received the proceeds to order tickets for clients from a supplier; he never did. So far, I've returned nearly $13,000 to clients. The amount may exceed $20,000. That will put me right next to bankruptcy!

Can I put a lien on his house providing documents to proove the above or do I have to get a judgement first?
If a jusgemnet is required first, how do I start the process?
I have to do this all myself (I can't afford a lawyer).

Thank you.
Hello and thank you for your question. If you need more details after you read my answer, click reply (not relist) & I will gladly respond. The employer owes you this amount? clients?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No. I am the owner. Another agency, sub contractor for whom we issue tickets and process credit cards, has charged credit cards through my agency but has not delivered tickets (services) to clients. Clients are filing dispute with credit card company and I end up having to pay them back.

In other words, Mr. "A" has received money from Mr. "C" but has not delivered the services. Now Mr. "C" demands a refund from me, Mr. "B", and I have no choice but to pay them.

I now want to go after Mr. "A".

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I now want to go after Mr. "A".

As business has to be represented by a lawyer. You can use one locally on a 1/3 contingency. see www.lawyers.com
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can i take him to Small claims court to get some of the money back?
The amount is too high for small claims court.