Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

As a minority, non-employee shareholder (4.7%) in a US based

Customer Question
S-corp, can I demand all...
As a minority, non-employee shareholder (4.7%) in a US based S-corp, can I demand all of my share of the company profit at the end of the year? Right now the comapny is making a 40% distribution of the quarterly profit so the shareholders can pay estimated taxes.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Business Law
4/7/2010
Business Lawyer: Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney replied 7 years ago
Richard - Bizlaw

No you cannot demand distribution of your share of the profits because the amount to be distributed is determined by the Board of Directors.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney