Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

My business partner has his minority business enterprise…

Customer Question
my business partner has his...
my business partner has his minority business enterprise license as well as several other minority accreditations. we have contacts on both the manufacturing and federal government levels. we want to start a product supply business that has a focus on providing building materials and green energy products to housing authorities across the country as well as to any federal contracts that meet the product chain we supply. We are based out of Cincinnati, Ohio and my question is: What type of interstate commerce laws should we be aware of prior to starting our company? We plan on warehousing products from manufacturers as well as having orders shipped directly from the manufacturer to the jobsite or receiving facility. We are mainly the middle man and want to ensure that our business is fullproof and ran legitimately.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Business Law
4/7/2010
Business Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
What do you want to accomplish?
The objective is to properly establish a minority based construction material and product supply business focussing on federal, state and local government bid contracts. My question is: What type of interstate commerce laws/regulation should we be aware of? (i.e. - tax implications, licenses, etc.)
I am going to open this question to my colleagues.