Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

We have a client who has not paid our invoices, nor have they

We have a client who has not paid our invoices, nor have they responded with what their intention is. What is our next step?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
It is never a good business tactic to sue a client, but if the invoices were not paid to you under the terms of your invoice and/or contract, you may have to resort to that end. You need to send them a letter informing them that the invoices are delinquent under the terms of your contract and as such they are in breach of the contract. Inform them that their failure to cure the breach within 10 business days would result in your having to explore other legal options and seeking damages including any attorney's fees incurred in having to collect the debt. But other than sending threatening letters or turning it over to a collection agency, the final recourse is to sue.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

Please remember this is a dialog if you have follow up questions please use the REPLY button and ask. If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

PLEASE NOTE WELL: IF YOU CLICK OPT OUT I CANNOT REPLY TO YOUR FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS AND YOU MAY NEVER GET ANY REPLY OR IT WILL DELAY MY ABILITY TO REPLY TO YOU. Also, if you use RELIST, I MAY NOT SEE YOUR RESPONSE AND IT WILL DELAY YOUR REPLY.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”