Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I need some advice about a very interest case of Corporations

Customer Question
in Puerto Rico. I...
I need some advice about a very interest case of Corporations in Puerto Rico. I am a masters student and I am doing an investigative work. Does any one is familiar with the Corporate Law of Puerto Rico?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Business Law
4/6/2010
Business Lawyer: N Cal Attorney, Attorney replied 7 years ago
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
The Puerto Rico corporations laws are posted at
http://www.michie.com/puertorico/lpext.dll?f=templates&fn=main-h.htm&cp=prcode

Do you have a more specific question? Do you need to find a specific case? Or is this what you were looking for?
I already have the law! Is that I have specific questions. Sorry but that answer does not fulfill my expectations.
What are your specific questions?
This is a case were a Corporation X were created by an individual. His wife came with the idea to create an umbrellla corporation in order to have the 50 percent of Corp X. Since between marriage can not make business she bacame with that idea. In order to do that there were some contracts that was signed. Since she was the secretary of both corporations apparently she falsificate some of them. After that they got divorced and now she claimed to be the owner of the Corp X . A verywealthy Corp in that moment but not now. Reading the law it seems that there were missing the corporate resolutions to authorize both to buy the shares. The case is more than that but is a real case that got my attention bacause the judge is not being fair with the ex husband. I'm an engineer not a lawyer but I chose this case because I think some procedures are not being followed as the corporation law stated. The thing is that procedures are not quite clear to me... I have done charts to illustrate what happened as far as I read. Can you help get to a conclusion?
Did he own Corp. X prior to marriage?
Yes, but they had a prenuptial agreement. Are you familiar with the corporations law of puerto Rico ?
Somewhat. I can read it on line.
Is there time to appeal the decision?
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney