How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years of professional experience
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

a friend rented some open space from me on my property to

Resolved Question:

a friend rented some open space from me on my property to park and store a large truck and 20 ft cargo container 2 years ago using a written rental agreement .He had made only a few payments.Then left town to stay wit his parents 500 miles away .He has promised to remove the things for a year now. how can i legally remove these two things and not be held responsible or liable. I have verbally warned him to many times.The DMV wont let me lien sale the truck because too much time has passed since he stopped paying. What can i do about getting these two things off my property.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 years ago.

Since he is in breach of rental agreement, the first thing to do is to look at the rental agreement and see what your options are in the event of a default. If nothing is stated therein, then you will need to file a breach of contract suit against him and have him served. Once you obtain a judgment against him, you can have the judgment attached to his property. Under a writ of execution signed by the court, the sheriff will the property and sell it at an auction to pay for your damages.



Please click "ACCEPT" so that I may obtain credit for providing this answer. We can continue our conversation after that at no additional charge. Thank you.

Maverick and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you