How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NYLAWLADY Your Own Question
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 814
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
NYLAWLADY is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a newly formed LLC, my CPA suggested I change it to

Resolved Question:

I have a newly formed LLC, my CPA suggested I change it to an S corporation, or at least have it taxed that way. I would like to take this opportunity to change the name of it, I hate the LLC part or any part after the name. Let's say it is named LLC right now, would I be better off or could I convert it (ok in my state) to walmart, Inc. and then use a DBA of that corp called ? then I could in the future do another DBA on the same corp called Is this a smart way to do it or just name it, inc? If I named the corp walmart, Inc. and got the DBA name, could I advertise it online as company or would i have to call it walmart, inc DBA I hope you see what I'm asking, just want to do it the smartest way,.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  NYLAWLADY replied 7 years ago.
You don't need the LLC because you don't get any tax advantage if you are the only member- so the advise for the s corp tax status was good advice. As to the other parts to your question you had best consult with an attorney in your jurisdiction who can help you set everything up the way you want it and avoid untangling complicated issues that may arise from choosing the wrong strategy- the investment in an attorney at this point is well worth the expense-which is a business expense-than having other problems down the road. Good Luck.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I understand about the LLC and taxes. My question is about the naming of the corp. Can I name the corp for example walmart, inc. and then start a website ( and refer to the company name as on that site in the legal section, I think the answer is no, so could I then get a DBA name for the corp of, refer to it as, later on get another DBA name of and operate another website and refer to the company name as on that site in the legal section. Both of which would fall under the parent company of walmart, inc.
Expert:  NYLAWLADY replied 7 years ago.
You must first set up the legal status of the parent company (in your example walmart inc.) Once you have the legal entity you can then have the dba and put this on the website. You can get another dba later but the first step is to establish the main legal entity so you have a valid legal status to work with.
NYLAWLADY and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions