Business Law

Ask a business lLawyer. Get business law questions answered ASAP.

Late last year an ex employer threatened to sue me after I…

Customer Question
Hi, late last year...
Hi, late last year an ex employer threatened to sue me after I placed comments on the company blog that were true. I did not mention any names of the owners, my posts were more of a guess who ? guess what ? post. I did not leave my name on the posts, you do not need to log onto the blog to post it is open to anyone, there are no terms and conditions to tick either. I have continued to post some comments which are 100% true, they are now posting replies using fake names and using my name in their posts with comments like goodbye J_______ _________ from the barrister, you keep posting J______ ________ and see what happens. Now, the question I have can they sue me and if so what for ? thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Business Law
2/15/2010
Business Lawyer: Jack R., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Jack R.
Jack R., Attorney

If you publicly disclose information that is private, your employer may be able to sue on that basis. This usually involves protected information that an individual made an effor to keep private. You can also be sued if your communications interfere with the employers business or trade.

If this information answered your question please press ACCEPT so I may get credit for the answer.

Comments provided are informational and do not represent legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship has been formed by this communication.