How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 56852
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The owner of our apartment complex made some kind of deal with

Resolved Question:

The owner of our apartment complex made some kind of deal with Verizon and now all of our apartments have to be entered and upgraded for FIOS service even if we don't want it. Can he do that ?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
What specifically do you want to know and accomplish?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.


I want to stop the landlord and Verizon from entering my apartment and requiring me to ready my apartment for them to install these services that I don't want (removing all items from my master bedroom closet). I already have a cable provider and have no need for these services. The owner's notice stated we cannot opt out of this. However, Oregon tenant rights state unless it is for requested repairs, emergency repair, sale of the rental, or annual habitability inspection, we have the right to refuse. I wrote a letter stating my objections and citing the Oregon State Bar website. However, I was still given a 24 hour notice of entry today.

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
You can file a complaint in court to obtain an order barring entry for this purpose.
INFOLAWYER and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you