How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas McJD Your Own Question
Thomas McJD
Thomas McJD, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 6516
Experience:  Experienced in Corps, LLCs, Partnership, etc.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Thomas McJD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I started a business called bobmarino Unlimited LLC with IRS

Resolved Question:

I started a business called bobmarino Unlimited LLC with IRS and the State of Minnesota
in Oct 2008 and paid all the fees.I never did get it going and never cancelled I want to restart my business this year by selling on Ebay for dropshippers, and making my own web site with
a company that is helping me build and training me.I need to know that I am legally
covered under LLC guidelines.Since I am the the only person in this business.
Please let me know.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Thomas McJD replied 7 years ago.

Whether you cannot operate a different type of business under the llc than what was initially considered depends on whether your articles of organization for the llc indicates the llc is formed to carry out any lawful business. That is generally the language used, and if it was used in your case, you are fine to start your new business under the same llc.


As to whether you are protected: the llc does carry limited liability protection but you need to make sure your llc is still considered in good standing with your state's secretary of state (or other agency with whom you filed your llc paperwork when you created your llc). If it is still in good standing you're ok -- if not, you'll likely need to pay some fees to get it reinstated and in good standing and then you're good to go.





Thank you for using JustAnswer. Your "accept" (by clicking the green "Accept" button) would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise, neither I nor JustAnswer can be compensated for the time and resources expended.


You understand that your use of or communication on this forum, in any and all ways, is intended for general informational purposes only and shall not constitute and/or be relied upon as legal advice or be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship. Further, you agree not to rely on anything I say and will obtain appropriate legal and or tax advice with an attorney or other professional licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal or other issue arises.

Thomas McJD and 5 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions