How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 57356
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Should I file a law suite against my University and what type

Resolved Question:

Should I file a law suite against my University and what type of lawyer should I look for? When I enrolled in a teaching credential program in 2007, the University’s recruiter advised me to apply for single subject technology because of my experience and this was a new credential that was high in demand. After I satisfied all the graduation requirements in 2008, I was told that a credential in single subject technology did not exist and that I would have to apply for a credential in a different subject. This meant that after one year of school and $10,000 for tuition, I could not even get a job as an intern teacher. I was told that I would have to repeat some of my work to be a multiple subject (elementary) teacher and come back for another class. Until then, I did not qualify for any jobs as a teacher and was out of work for 2 years.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
What specifically do you want to know and accomplish?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I want to know if I have a case against the university. Should I file a complaint? Do you think I should get an attorney. I gave up a 6 figure salary job because I thought I was going to get a job as a high school technology teacher. As it turns out, the credential I was promised didn't exist. The grievance that I have now is that I had to pick another subject which required more time and studying. I had to prepare and pass the multiple subject exams in English, Math, Science & Social Studies, etc. This took time. Now I am required to do student teaching for elementary school which is very different from teaching high school like I wanted. Next, the added a required class since I was attending in 2007-2008 and I have to take that class too.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
You have a claim for misrepresentation and breach of contract. You can sue but consider a lawyer letter first seeking settlement saving both sides time, money and the school exposure.
Infolawyer and 5 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you