How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 57390
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My brother and I inherited an Oklahoma corporation whose only

Customer Question

My brother and I inherited an Oklahoma corporation whose only asset is a 500 crypt mausoleum with approximately 200 crypts still available for purchase; however, both of us live out-of-state and neither of us wants to continue with this business. We care about the familes whose loved ones are interred there but cannot continue to maintain it. We have tried to sell it without success and offered it to the city which owns the cemetery surrounding it but they declined. My question is: can we liquidate the corporation and deed (donate) the building to the city or state without their consent? There is a perpetual care fund that would also be signed over.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
You cannot gift it or transfer it without consent.