How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 31769
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a judgement against a former employer.he has passes

This answer was rated:

I have a judgement against a former employer.he has passes away recently and never paid me the money owed sinse 2004. how can I file a lein against his estate?
In New Jersey, a judgment has a 14 year statute of limitation. Thus, your judgment is still enforceable. You can file a proof of claim against the person's estate. You should check to see if his estate has been opened with the probate court of the county of his residence. If so, you can file a proof of claim for the judgment amount.
Roger and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you