INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  LICENSED BUSINESS LAWYER
11313492

My husband has a huge punitive damage award against him in

Customer Question

My husband has a huge punitive damage award against him in Montana, I am not a party, the thieves/conmen are levying against 3 buildings we own together in CA. Two are community property. I am not a party to the case, can I intervene and should I do it in CA? How about in MT--the judge there is a disaster of unfairness.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
What specifically do you want to know and accomplish?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The punitive damage award was fraudulently obtained, the other side perjured themselves as did one of their witnesses, this was in arbitration and then confirmed by a state judge. The state judge made the award 30 times worse, I considered intervening but the Montana attorneys say no--he will wreck your case and paper it over so you will do no good anywhere/
Go somewhere else.

since the property being taken is in CA, and one of the crooked attorneys is in CA,should we file there for fraud on the court? One of the other side is a WY resident, should we file there? Federal court, of course?

WE can re-file BK in six months, would that be better for defending against this claim that was fraudulently obtained ??---there are six frauds on the court involved.

You would want to appeal the decision to appellate court with jurisdiction to review the court that issued the decision.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
AS you would know, appeals are generally a waste of time, plus we appealed this matter to the MT supremes three times already----they are just awful. I lived in MT 11 years, it is definitely a good old boy situation---if you are from out of state, you will never get justice or fairness against a local. So I don't find this advice to be of any help . Thank you.
I am not sure what it is you wanted to know. The only recourse is an appeal, and indeed appeals often fail and are expensive.