How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 56877
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband has a huge punitive damage award against him in

Customer Question

My husband has a huge punitive damage award against him in Montana, I am not a party, the thieves/conmen are levying against 3 buildings we own together in CA. Two are community property. I am not a party to the case, can I intervene and should I do it in CA? How about in MT--the judge there is a disaster of unfairness.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
What specifically do you want to know and accomplish?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The punitive damage award was fraudulently obtained, the other side perjured themselves as did one of their witnesses, this was in arbitration and then confirmed by a state judge. The state judge made the award 30 times worse, I considered intervening but the Montana attorneys say no--he will wreck your case and paper it over so you will do no good anywhere/
Go somewhere else.

since the property being taken is in CA, and one of the crooked attorneys is in CA,should we file there for fraud on the court? One of the other side is a WY resident, should we file there? Federal court, of course?

WE can re-file BK in six months, would that be better for defending against this claim that was fraudulently obtained ??---there are six frauds on the court involved.

Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
You would want to appeal the decision to appellate court with jurisdiction to review the court that issued the decision.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
AS you would know, appeals are generally a waste of time, plus we appealed this matter to the MT supremes three times already----they are just awful. I lived in MT 11 years, it is definitely a good old boy situation---if you are from out of state, you will never get justice or fairness against a local. So I don't find this advice to be of any help . Thank you.
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
I am not sure what it is you wanted to know. The only recourse is an appeal, and indeed appeals often fail and are expensive.

Related Business Law Questions