How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dimitry K., Esq. Your Own Question
Dimitry K., Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 41221
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dimitry K., Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my husband sued a con man and the judge got conned, my husband

Resolved Question:

my husband sued a con man and the judge got conned, my husband got socked with a huge punitive damage award. Can I intervene in the interests of justice and the integrity of the legal system? The judge is hostile. If I intervene in this manner, can I later intervene on my own behalf? (I am being damaged)
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Regrettably I do not see a cause of action for you to legally intervene. It was your husband's suit, and being damaged over a bad or disagreeable judicial decision is no grounds for a possible suit.

What you can do is try to ask for a change in venue and re-file for yourself, on the grounds that you are not confident that you will be able to get a fair hearing at your current county location.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Dimitry Alexander Kaplun on 2/4/2010 at 2:38 AM EST
Dimitry K., Esq. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions