How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask GWarren For Business & Nonprofits...
GWarren For Business & Nonprofits
GWarren For Business & Nonprofits, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 355
Experience:  30 yrs Counsel, AVP Corp Governance Fortune 100 finance/ins, Nonprofit Bds, law firm. OH NJ license
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
GWarren For Business & Nonprofits is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How does a business go about obtaining re-seller permitsfrom

Customer Question

How does a business go about obtaining re-seller permitsfrom various states. Is there a particular agent that can handle this for all states instead of going to each individual state yourself?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  GWarren For Business & Nonprofits replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for contacting justanswer.

Yes, there are agents/brokers that will for a fee provide a service to obtain seller's permits in the various states. Please note that some states may not require seller's permits, such as Alaska, New Hampshire or Oregon.

Following for your information review is a direct link to a website that provides the services as well as a write-up on legal guidelines for seller's permits:

Although I cannot recommend an agent or broker, following is another link to a service that provides seller permits for the various states:

You may want to check out the above services through the Federal Trade Commission, Better Business Bureau or an online search of their names and services to ensure that you will be comfortable and satisfied with the services and fees.

You may also want to contact your state's trade development office to determine whether that office may assist you in obtaining permits for other states as you develop your business. Often the state development offices like to see businesses expand and may have other resources to assist your efforts.

You may also find it helpful to contact your local SCORE chapter, Counselors to America's Small Business, at:

SCORE's Free volunteer business executive counselors may be able to assist you with other resources and business plans as well.

I hope the above information is helpful and responsive. If you would like further clarification, please let me know.

Related Business Law Questions