Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

How can I terminate a 5 year lease for media hardware and software

How can I terminate a 5 year lease for media hardware and software that began about a year and a half ago without filing for bankruptcy? It is $310 a month, for Brican MediaDoc (a Canadian company) slideshows and a 32 in TV, computer and monitor. The lease terms state that I cannot sell or sublease, and they charged me personal property tax of $250 last year. If in default, they may or may not reposess and will expect to collect the default amount. Am I stuck, or is there a way out?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
You can only cancel if the lease permits, the other side consents or they breached the agreement giving you right to cancel by going to court.