Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

Im a Michigan resident trying to start a new retail pharmacy

Customer Question

I'm a Michigan resident trying to start a new retail pharmacy business in Ohio. Is it legally possible for me as a MI resident to incorporate in Ohio and how (forms and steps) ?? Can I incorporate in MI and conduct business in Ohio?? What are the requirements and steps?? What are the advantages and disadvantages of doing so?? Is there any tax disadvantages or complications for a Michigan corps in conducting business in Ohio??
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 7 years ago.

You can incorporate in Michigan and conduct business in Ohio. However, to do so you would have to qualify your business in Ohio. The down side of this is that you impose on yourself taxation in two states, Michigan where you are incorporated and Ohio where you operate. To incorporate in Ohio you have to file a certificate of incorporation.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.