How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dave Kennett Your Own Question
Dave Kennett
Dave Kennett, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 27689
Experience:  25 years practicing law
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dave Kennett is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I file a writ of attachment at the court Do I just

Resolved Question:

How do I file a writ of attachment at the court? Do I just tell them I want to file it against a person?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Do you already have a court judgment against this person in this court?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes I do, they are trying to bankrupt out of it.
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.

DearCustomer- If they file a bankruptcy you cannot do anything to try to collect as that is a violation of law. Until they actually file a bankruptcy case you can go tot eh court where you received the judgment and fill out paperwork to attach bank accounts and other assets. Most courts have the forms available at the clerks office. If the person resides in a different jurisdiction you will have to get a certified copy of your judgment and have it filed in the court in the area where the defendant resides or where the property is located in order to attach their assets.


Dave Kennett

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
They are not able to bankrupt out of a judgement is that correct? Whethter Chapter 7,11 or 13 correct?
Expert:  Dave Kennett replied 7 years ago.

Yes, they can bankrupt out of a judgment unless it is for taxes or some other protected area but a general court judgment can be discharged in bankruptcy.



Dave Kennett and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you