Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I paid a transmission repair shop to repair various parts.

Customer Question
I have a signed document...
I paid a transmission repair shop to repair various parts. I have a signed document stating what was repaired. After three separate occasions my vehicle has failed and a different shop is telling me that the parts I paid for were not actually new. What can I do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Business Law
2/1/2010
Business Lawyer: Anne_C, Attorney replied 7 years ago
Anne_C
Anne_C, Attorney
What state are you in?

I am in Tennessee (knox county)

I also am self-employed and lost about 5 working days due to the fact that this is my work vehicle and it was stuck in the shop.

I am sorry that this happened to you. You were defrauded.

You can sue the repair shop in Small Claims Court for the repairs that were made. Here is information on Small Claims procedures in Tennessee: http://public.findlaw.com/litigation_appeals/tennessee-small-claims.html

You may also be able to file a complaint with the Tennessee Department of Insurance and Commerce. Here is information on how to do that: http://tn.gov/consumer/complaint.shtml. This procedure won't cost you anything, so you should start there.

Anne_C
Anne_C
Anne_C, Attorney