How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anne_C Your Own Question
Anne_C, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 2302
Experience:  Business litigator, 15 years' experience
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Anne_C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid a transmission repair shop to repair various parts.

Customer Question

I paid a transmission repair shop to repair various parts. I have a signed document stating what was repaired. After three separate occasions my vehicle has failed and a different shop is telling me that the parts I paid for were not actually new. What can I do?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Anne_C replied 7 years ago.
What state are you in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am in Tennessee (knox county)

I also am self-employed and lost about 5 working days due to the fact that this is my work vehicle and it was stuck in the shop.

Expert:  Anne_C replied 7 years ago.

I am sorry that this happened to you. You were defrauded.


You can sue the repair shop in Small Claims Court for the repairs that were made. Here is information on Small Claims procedures in Tennessee:


You may also be able to file a complaint with the Tennessee Department of Insurance and Commerce. Here is information on how to do that: This procedure won't cost you anything, so you should start there.

Related Business Law Questions