How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 38216
Experience:  17 years practicing attorney, JD, BA, MBA
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My company owes a company 14500 dls they sent me to collection

Resolved Question:

My company owes a company 14500 dls they sent me to collection already, now they are offering me a settlement for half of it, my company is no longer doing bussiness, I accepted the settlement but i dont have the amount right know, they want to file for fraud , i already offered to make payments of 1000 a week, that is what i can do. What would be the best to do.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 years ago.



This is a civil matter so the worst they could do is sue you and get a judgment to try and collect. So they can't file any type of criminal charges. They are trying to scare you. I would tell them that if they can't accept the $1000 per week they should sue you, but you will have to file bankruptcy so they will get nothing. That should scare them into negotiating a payment plan with you.


Make sure you get everything in writing and do not give them access to any accounts for auto-debit or they will drain your accounts.






I hope you have a better understanding of your legal issue as a result of my comments. I am sorry if the answer is not what you would prefer, but as you know, sometimes the correct answer is good news, other times bad. If the information given in fact answered your question please click the GREEN "ACCEPT" button NOW, so that I receive credit for my work. If you need additional clarification on this question, don't hesitate to click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details. If you need any assistance in the future with additional questions, you may request me personally by putting my name in the subject line.

Barrister and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you