How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 116711
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

(Breach of contract) On line contact, part will not refund

Resolved Question:

(Breach of contract) On line contact, part will not refund a deposit of 1,000 and signed agreement for the purchase of marketing annuity leads. What can one do if any or was I scammed?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Chances are you were indeed scammed, but you still can file suit against the company for breach of contract if they did not provide the service they agreed to provide to you. Unfortunately, you would have to sue them in the state where they are doing business to get personal jurisdiction over them and you can sue for your money back, plus the reasonable costs and expenses for you to pursue them in another state and the court also has discretion to award you attorney's fees if you choose to use an attorney. For this amount of money you could sue in small claims court without an attorney but it would have to be in the county/state where the company is located and again you can sue for your money back, plus reasonable costs to travel there to pursue the action.

You should also file a complaint with the state attorney general in the state where they are located and also the Better Business Bureau and many times they can help in getting a refund.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions