How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 117369
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I have a Business located outside of the US, and I wan to

Customer Question

If I have a Business located outside of the US, and I wan to open a bank account for that business,
I need to incorporate that business in the US, according with the people of my bank.

Do I need to pay taxes every year for that LLC in Florida for example?
What is the best way to incorporate that business here? And how can be related to the main business that is located outside of the USA?
The company is a restaurant franchise.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
You would have to file a tax return in FL and with the IRS each year and you would have to pay taxes for anything earned in the US (in addition to any FL sales taxes on sales). You can file to open an LLC (limited liability company) in the US and make the non-US business the owner/member of the business here in the US. Any earnings made in the US are taxable in the US.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What form do I need to file each year? And taxable will be the interest earning for example?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
That is a question you must pose to our tax section experts.