How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 118111
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a 12 month contract valued at $50k that was ended for

Resolved Question:

I had a 12 month contract valued at $50k that was ended for performance problems. The performance concerns noted were tasks that extended beyond the responsibilities listed in the contract. Furthermore, the termination did not comply with the conflict & resolution clause of the contract. I am told I have 12 months from incident to file. I am now in month 11. I plan to file myself in order to meet the timeline while I search for a good attny to carryout the remainder of the process.
I need to know where, and how, and which court to file this suit without forfeiting my case for untimely filing.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Where are you located?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am in Atlanta, GA. Good to see you have ties to Louisiana. I am a native.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
The good thing for you is that if this contract is written under Georgia law you have 6 years from the date they breached the contract to file suit for breach of contract. You would file this breach of contract suit in the GA superior court or even the state court in your county. You begin such a suit by filing a petition/complaint and a summons with the clerk of court. As far as walking you through filing a complaint, we cannot draft one for you here, but CLICK HERE for a template you can use if you want to file your own (which I suggest you do not do). To find an attorney in your area you can use the same site used by other attorneys,

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq. and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you