Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

Dear Legal Expert, Can the witness be the drafter of the

Customer Question
Dear Legal Expert, Can the...
Dear Legal Expert,

Can the witness be the drafter of the cert of incorp and an employee of the organization?

We would like to complete our cert of incorporation regarding NPCL section 402 (b) ...please help
we dont understand the affadavit part..what are the members? Subscribers? How do we do the affavadit?

What is meant by classes of members?

Could you just look at the whole Cert of Incorp and let us know if it is ready to hand in to state of NY?

Thank you,
The Relationship Foundation
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Business Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/4/2009
Business Lawyer: Lawdoctor, Attorney replied 8 years ago
Lawdoctor
Lawdoctor, Attorney
DearCustomer

Thank you for allowing me to assist you with your question.

The certificate of Incorporation does not have a section for witnesses, so, that is not an issue. The incorporater can be a director and or an officer or an attorney.

The current forms for Incorporation of a Not for Profit in NY for certificate of inc, does not include the affidavit.

See the official form below:

http://www.dos.state.ny.us/forms/corporations/dos1511.pdf

Here is the link for the State's website for corporations:

http://www.dos.state.ny.us/corps/index.html

IF you still feel that you need the affidavit, there is no witness other than the notary and no, you cannot be a notary and notarize your own signature.

I hope this helps! and Good luck with your organization.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Good luck and Godspeed.

Have I satisfactorily addressed your concerns? If not, then please feel free to ask for clarification.
If I don’t’ answer immediately, I may be offline. If so, I will answer as soon as I come back. If I am online, I may be assisting someone else and will respond as soon as I can. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

If the information that I provided was helpful, then please remember to click the green accept button so that I will receive credit and compensation for my time. Positive feedback is always appreciated as well. Bonuses are gladly accepted. Thank you and good luck!

Please remember that we have not created an attorney-client relationship, and that my post is not intended to be specific legal advice. The answers given are limited to the information you have provided in your post. For specific legal advice, please consult with an attorney licensed in your state.

DISCLAIMER: Please understand that the complexities of most legal problems cannot be adequately addressed in this setting, and that I am only licensed to practice law in the states of Florida and Mississippi. Accordingly, you acknowledge (1) that we have not formed an attorney-client relationship, and (2) that my post is general information only and not specific legal advice.

Lawdoctor
Lawdoctor
Lawdoctor, Attorney