How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am summons to small claim for defaulting on a loan. I got

Customer Question

I am summons to small claim for defaulting on a loan. I got laid off a year ago, and can no longer fulfill my obligation. I place TV and computer as identification for security. 1. How should i respond to summons within 30days. 2. What ruling should i expect from magistrate? 3. Will creditor come after my personal property for payment. SC resident
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
If they have the TV and computer as security they can obtain claim and delivery papers out on those items. The best thing to do is to contact them and try to work out something with them. Maybe they will take the computer and TV and agree to drop the case. In SC they cannot garnish your wages but they can attach your bank account.