Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Type your legal question here. I just gave my resignation.

Type your legal question here. I just gave my resignation. I worked 2 8hr. days and 1 Sat./month since 2001 til 2009 my hours were cut to 6 hr/days. I have 3 vacation days left and quite because she cut my hours again to 9 hrs. for the 2 days. Should my vacation pay be based on the 8 hr. days I worked for the 8 years or can they just pay me for the 9 hrs they had scheduled me for. I used my vacation days as my notice when I resigned.
Submitted: 7 years ago via ELinfonet.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
The amount of time to which you are entitled is based upon the employer's policy of accrual of vacation days. The PA law states that if you accrued vacation then that iis based upon the hours or days accrued and the employer would pay it out as wages at the rate you were at when you left employment. Thus, if you accrued your vacation time in the increment of "days" and your day changed from an 8 hour to a 4 hour day (for example) then you would get paid for the 4 hour day for those vacation days (of course most employers grant vacation time by hourly accural and under the law they must pay you in PA for any vacation hours you have accrued but have not taken at the tme of your termination of employment.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”