How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JBaxLaw Your Own Question
JBaxLaw, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 11396
Experience:  Experienced in business formation and licensing issues
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
JBaxLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently working with a company who was supposed to be

This answer was rated:

I am currently working with a company who was supposed to be helping me start a new business. From all aspects they appeared to be a reputable place. I have paid for goods and services and they have not been received. There is a regular (daily) excuse as to why. Through other sources I have found out that goods that I have paid for have never actually been ordered from the vendors and I have had to go ahead and order the items myself - thus paying for them twice. Can I press charges for theft? fraud? loss of business due to not opening on our target date?
Your recourse to recover the sum paid will be to file a civil suit. Based on the information provided, it appears the company breached its agreement. Before filing suit consider writing a demand letter. Send the letter via certified mail, return receipt requested, and include a deadline for a response. If no response is received, then consider filing suit. There is not any indication of theft, rather this appears to be a breach of contract situation.

Thank you

Please click on the ACCEPT button for my answer so that I receive credit for assisting you. You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. The responses do not create an attorney-client relationship and are informational only.
JBaxLaw and 3 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you