How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JPEsq Your Own Question
JPEsq, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 5106
Experience:  Experience as both in-house and outside counsel in general business and transactional law
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
JPEsq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I worked as a 1099 employee for a California company that has

Resolved Question:

I worked as a 1099 employee for a California company that has gone out of business. They shut down their business and did not distribute the final paychecks. What are my rights?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  JPEsq replied 7 years ago.

Well, they still owe you the money.


You can start by filing a wage claim. You can do this for any unpaid wage. Do so here:


Since they are out of business, you might end up having to sue them in small claims to get the money.


If the entity was an LLC or Corp, just sue whomever you can name and locate. If there was a person that owned the entity, you might still be able to get paid.




JPEsq and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you