How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Attorney with over 35 years of business experience.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a partner who is not being responsive and not returning

This answer was rated:

I have a partner who is not being responsive and not returning phone calls. It is an S-Corp and we are in danger of losing some certifications without her signature. Can anything be done???
The only thing that you can do is to contact an attorney and have the attorney notify her that her failure to cooperate could be considered a breach of ficuciary duty and that she can be pesonally liable for any damage to the corporation. You are in for a very tough time since you evidentially don't have an operating agreement. Here you need the assistance of a very good business law attorney since it is likely that the corporation is goin to have to be order to settle the situation.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can she truly be personally liable for damage to the corporation?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Did you get my last reply???
Yes she can. A shareholder has a fiduciary duty to the other shareholders and that means personal liability.

An accept for my time is always appreciated.
lwpat and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you