Business Law

Ask a Business Lawyer. Get Business Law Questions Answered ASAP.

Business Law

I want to have my own hormone replacement therapy business

Customer Question
or franchise and I didn't...
I want to have my own hormone replacement therapy business or franchise and I didn't know if I have to be a doctor and if so which kind. My grades are not good enough to get into medical school so if I have to be a dr what is a good stepping stone for med school. Could I just hire a physician or whoever I needed too. I would like to know if this business is allowed by law to be owned by a nonmedical person.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Business Law
11/4/2009
Business Lawyer: Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney replied 8 years ago
Are you trying to set this business up in Louisiana or an another state?
Hopefully Louisiana or possibly would move to another state close by.
I have been reviewing the statutes and it appears that since you are going to set up the business to provide medical advice, it can only be owned by doctors. There is no limitation as to the type of MD you should be (although an endocrinologist makes the most sense as that is the doctor who specializes in hormones). Some go to nursing school first, and one of my clients applied to a medical school overseas (London) and then transferred back to the states for his internship and residency because his grades were not high enough here.

Sincerely,

Dimitry Alexander Kaplun, Esq.
Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney