How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 118651
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had a contractor who did not complete th e work I gave

Resolved Question:

I had a contractor who did not complete th e work I gave him a deposit for the materials but he spent can i fail a claim thru insurance co and ask for what he oews plus loss of wages , and mental aggrevation?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Your homeowners will not cover this. If he had a bond or was insured, then you could file a claim with his bond company for the damages and costs to get the work done. If he was not bonded, then I am afraid your recourse would be to sue him for the extra costs incurred in getting the work done, plus any damages you suffered as a result of the breach including time you had to lose from work to resolve the matter. You would sue him for breach of contract.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This not my home it is for my office
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
Typically business insurance also does not cover this, it is a contractual matter between you and the contractor and it would be his bond or job insurance that would cover it, not yours. If you have business interruption insurance and this has interrupted your business, then that policy may cover it. By the way, on breach of contract claims, which this is, you do not get to claim mental anguish damages (aggravation), only actual damages and losses incurred.
Law Educator, Esq. and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you