How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask FLCORPLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 4634
Experience:  23 Years business & securities law, NY and FL bars. SEC all states.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
FLCORPLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im an entertainer/singer and have a band and send out 1099-misc

Resolved Question:

I'm an entertainer/singer and have a band and send out 1099-misc forms at the end of the year for tax purposes. I have never personally mailed a 1099-Misc copy A to the Internal revenue in all my years of working. My husband says that i'm required to mail this form. We had our taxes prepared this year at H & R block, we usually go to a CPA, so I'm wondering if that was something our CPA did. I was also told I had to file form 1096. Help! This is all news to me.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  FLCORPLAWYER replied 7 years ago.
Do not send 1099's to the IRS with your returns. Form 1096 is a notice of tax transmittal used for charitable organizations. Unless the band is a licensed charity do not send this form.
FLCORPLAWYER and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Business Law Questions