How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 118658
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am going to turn my sole proprietorship into a single member

Resolved Question:

I am going to turn my sole proprietorship into a single member LLC. But my question is I want to apply for one of these Recovery Act Loans for a woman based business. It "seems" like I can do it but I want to get this right this first time out. Do I need to work with any atty to help me or an acct or someone else altogether.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
You would do best sitting with a business/corporate attorney to set your business up properly as an LLC and get all of the proper paperwork submitted to have it declared a minority owned business. The attorney will make sure all of the LLC paperwork is properly submitted, obtain the tax ID number in the name of the LLC and once the business is registered as an LLC, then you can proceed to complete the documentation required for the minority business classification for eligibiity for the loan and grant program.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me through my profile at or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I obtained my TIN already and sent in my LLC papers. I have looked at the grants and the loans for the recovery act and I am not sure I am qualified to do one of the studies for the grants. Are most banks that are giving the Recovery Act loans only looking at financial statements or are they asking for the entire business plan as well.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
They are looking for both the business plan as well as the financial statements to determine whether or not you actually have a viable business proposal and a plan to carry that proposal out as well as the financials to determine if you would be capable of carrying the plan out successfully with the proper funding.
Law Educator, Esq. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you