Infolawyer, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
11313492

I agreed to buy merchant over internet. Seller wanted me to

I agreed to buy merchant over internet. Seller wanted me to make direct deposit to his bank account. After I made a payment, seller does not answer my phone, text, and email. It has been 3 weeks now. I live in California and seller lives in Florida. How can I solve this problem llegally?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
How much are you owed back?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I made a deposit of $1350 on Oct 9th.
You would need to sue in the county where the defendant is located. Consider using a collection firm there on contingency fee basis which you can find on www.lawyers.com You can also send a demand letter and complain to the BBB and dept of consumer affairs.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't think seller is registered as merchant legally, seller was selling headlight over internet car community. In this case, can I use collection firm? or Do I have to find local lawyer where defendant is located? And if the case is proceed, do I have to go to court in Florida? expensing my money?
You can use a local lawyer or collection firm where the defendant is located. The lawyer should be able to handle it without your having to travel on affidavits only.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can I sue the defendant my money back amount+lawyer fee?
Lawyer fees wont be granted but court costs (filing, service) will be.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So lawyer fee is on my own, right?
Yes, unless your lawyer can negotiate to have the defendant pay it as part of a settlement. Unlikely but worth a try. Kindly accept my answer.