How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Infolawyer Your Own Question
Infolawyer, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 57368
Experience:  Experienced lawyer
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Infolawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i lent money - cash to a family friend who promised 9 in writing

Resolved Question:

i lent money - cash to a family friend who promised 9 in writing - witness signed) to pay in thirty days. Now 24 months later he has not paid. What are my legal recourse to recover my money.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
How much was lent?
what state is this in?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
$ 3000.00 cash, on 28 August 2007, New Rochelle, New York
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 7 years ago.
You can make demand in writing and then sue in small claims court. Before you sue try to find something to evidence what was given, when and the obligation to repay. Even an e-mail would help as would witnesses to counter his claim that he didnt get it or if he did that it was not a loan.
Infolawyer and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you