Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I would like to set up an online grocery store that delivers

I would like to set up an online grocery store that delivers a major grocery store's private label brands. I would charge a bit more for the groceries and a delivery fee. Would I have any legal issues reselling the private label merchandise?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 years ago.
The issue you would have with selling the private labels is the licensing with the particular store that carries them, since they are not general brands and are particular to a specific store, you would need their permission to advertise and sell their product, unlike the general brands where you can offer to sell them as would any other grocery store. It would be the same as Store B selling a product made specifically for and under the name of Store A.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

Use of this service does not create any attorney client relationship. Any information provided is not the practice of law but intended to direct you in finding an attorney in your locale.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=10285032&FID=39 or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”