JPEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Experience as both in-house and outside counsel in general business and transactional law
14397910

Im going to be starting a business with a couple friends,

I'm going to be starting a business with a couple friends, and we are wondering if a PLLC would be better then a LLC for what we are going to be doing and visa versa. We are going to be doing computer repair, WildBlue Satellite Installs/Repairs, and Networking.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  JPEsq replied 8 years ago.

I do not think there would be any advantage to a PLLC over an LLC.

Some States require certain professionals (doctors, lawyers, accountants, etc) to register as a PLLC. The PLLC is intended for those that must have a license to engage in thier work.

I would elect the LLC, which has better liability protection.

I do not even think you would allowed to elect the PLLC, because your work does not require a licence (correct me if I am wrong).