How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Kokhba Your Own Question
Daniel Kokhba
Daniel Kokhba,
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 56913
Experience:  Partner at Kantor Davidoff
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Daniel Kokhba is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife and I are involved in a retail business with a partner.

Customer Question

My wife and I are involved in a retail business with a partner. The relationship has gone south quickly. She has tried to have my wife and I removed as signers on our checking accounts, changed the locks on the store, changed the combination to the safe, cancelled our business credit cards, and denied us access to our supplier websites used to order products. Recently, she has withdrawn $5k from the business savings account to pay her personal credit cards. I have all of these actions described by her on email.

What legal remedies do I have? Can I call the local district attorney and bring her up on charges?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Daniel Kokhba replied 7 years ago.
The recourse here is not criminal but civil. Consider negotiating or suing to dissolve the partnership and crediting you with monies wrongly taken by her for personal purposes.