How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask socrateaser Your Own Question
socrateaser, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 39164
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
socrateaser is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are in florida, we worked without a signed contract (only

Resolved Question:

We are in florida, we worked without a signed contract (only verbal) with a company to haul produce. using our authority, and equipment. they said they would only take 10% off the load for themselves and give us the rest. They never sent any conformations on the loads and when we asked for one they would say they haven't gotten one yet or some other reason not to send us one, we got the rates the following monday or tuesday for the week prior but still no conformatiions. We stayed with them because it was the only thing getting out of florida that paid decent. We were told by someone who knowes this company what they were really getting paid for the loads,detetion time, drop pay, which was a lot more than what they told us it paid. Just wanted to know if their is something we can do or are we out of luck.
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 years ago.

If you have a third party witness with knowledge that the contracting party's revenue was greater than reported to you, then you can sue for the difference. The fact that you were paid a percentage of what you thought the value of the loan was, proves that there was a commission involved, and assuming you have some sort of statement from the other party in writing of what you were being paid for on the checks, then that would prove the contract.


It really depends on the quality of your evidence. I can see the possibility of proving the breach, but without reviewing all of your documents and accounts, there's no way to definitively state that you have a good case.


For a civil litigation attorney referral in your state, see: and


Hope this helps.



Terms and Conditions: By your continuing in this conversation with me, or by your clicking “Accept”, you are expressly agreeing to all of the following: (1) our communication is for entertainment purposes only; (2) you are not consulting me in my professional capacity as an attorney; (3) you do not seek to establish an attorney-client relationship with me, nor do I with you; (4) you will not rely on anything I say and you will obtain appropriate legal counsel via a traditional/office consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in the jurisdiction where your legal issue arises (and you may not use our communication to avoid taxpayer penalties imposed by the U.S. Dept. of Treasury); (5) by communicating with me in this public forum you are irrevocably waiving any right to privacy, confidentiality and attorney-client privilege concerning the matters discussed. You further separately declare that any payment made by you is not consideration for this contract, nor offered for any services rendered by me on your behalf, but rather is made in genuine admiration and respect for my desire to help others. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, then you must advise me immediately.

socrateaser and 2 other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you